4.05.2011

Improv Level 2 Graduation!



What up, homies!? 

I graduated my Level 2 improv class last night. What! Victory.
But still, I'm a bit sad. I really liked our little group and our Monday afternoons of laughter. We had a fun show last night though, with some crazy shenanigans as usual.

I still get really nervous to perform improv, as I'm sure you would know if you've read some of my earlier blog posts...so I didn't want to invite many people. I basically only invited my "inner circle" of friends. I was torn because I wanted people to be at our show, of course, but I didn't want them to be people I knew. So whatev, I invited a few and then I tweeted about it...a couple hours before the show. I figured the rest of my classmates would bring loads of people.

Before our show we were all talking, and one by one people started confessing that they were either bringing one person, or that they didn't tell anyone about the show altogether. Its only Level 2, so we're all a snatch sheepish. I didn't know what was worse...having a nearly empty audience, or having an audience full of people I knew. But I still consider the former being the lesser of two evils. So, even if there were only six people in the crowd, it would still be a fun event.

Luckily, we did have quite a good turnout (most of which people I didn't know)! And it was a fun and ridiculous show. I think having FUN is most important. Viewers like to watch people on stage having a ball. (Unless they're in a holocaust epic.) Was it perfect? No! But it had its moments; one of my favorites being when a completely



normal scene turned into one where a man was hallucinating orangutans and a poacher on the hunt. Or there was the family who lived in a lighthouse. You never know what's going to happen...and I've learned to love that!

I also had the opportunity to be in an improv show on Sunday night, again at The PIT. That was a good experience improvising with people I had only met that night. I'm hoping that I will be able to do more and more performing as I continue to learn. I can absolutely see that the more you do something, the easier it gets. As in, I won't feel like I'm going to get a heart attack and die before every show.

Here's to PROGRESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment