I'm not sure how the Asian ladies swung this, but I think it's the perfect solution to the everyday problem of carrying things. Get a boyfriend who will carry your stuff for you.
Now, I am not the only one who has pondered this conundrum. A blogger on Mooiness.com writes:
"I can only think of a few exceptions when you should hold on to her [your girlfriend's] handbag or purse:
- She’s trying on clothes.
- She’s going to a public toilet and she doesn’t want to carry it in.
- She’s holding your baby."
He's obviously on the defense of men remaining purseless, as are most North Americans I know. (Well, I actually have some really nice guy friends, who would probably hold my purse if I asked...though perhaps reluctantly.) Is asking a man to hold a purse the same as asking a man to put on some suede pumps? It's hard to say. I feel like the reasons not to hold a lady's purse are pretty obvious, but let's explore the positives of carrying your girlfriend's purse:
- She'll be able to flounce about unhindered and reach her full beauty potential.
- Your girlfriend will love you that much more, and other ladies will think you're pretty wonderful too. (You'll hear, "Babe, why don't you carry my purse?" echoing from other couples everywhere you go.)
- You'll get a great workout and feel really strong and manly. (Think of the gym membership savings!)
- It will deter muggers from stealing your girlfriend's money. (Who's going to mug a buff man with a purse?)
- If you're worried about people thinking you look "gay", don't worry, because your GF will be right beside you looking pretty...and flouncing.