6.13.2011

What To Do When The Weather Sucks

I don't even know what season its supposed to be right now, but I do know that its been awful rainy and I'm wearing a wooly sweater. And I'm watching hockey. WHAT...IS...GOING...ON?!

It can be disappointing when the weather isn't cooperating with your sun-tanning plans, so I thought I'd compile a list of alternate activities you can do when the weather sucks. Unless you want to go play outside in the rain. Then just go. This list isn't for you.


  1. Read your friend's blog. Or catch up on world news or whatever.
  2. Go through your cupboards and throw out everything that's expired. As an alternative, pull it all out and invite your friends over for a party.
  3. Jump on the bed and sing, "My Favorite Things" from Sound of Music.
  4. Write a poem. Then call random phone numbers and share your poem with them.
  5. Practice handstands against the wall and pretend you're Luke Skywalker.
  6. Rearrange your furniture.
  7. Rearrange your roommate's/parents' furniture.
  8. Break out the glitter and get crafty! Make "I love you" cards for all your pets.
  9. Watch the cartoons you used to watch as a kid, and realize that they're probably even funnier now than they were then.
  10. Go to Costco wearing rollerblades. Have a friend document the event for you.
  11. Re-read Harry Potter. Your Harry Potter super-fan friends will shun you if you don't know what's going on when the last movie comes out. i.e. "Wait, who's Harry Potter, again?"
  12. And lastly...for you people who I told not to read the "indoor" list, go outside, find a grassy hill, and make yourself a good old, rainy Slip-n'-Slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment